Sure this mail is reaching you in good time! Best Wishes. . .
You might want to know these facts:
- Today marks the third week that Public School Teachers began the Nation wide strike and our students/Mentees are greatly affected!
- WAEC/NECO exams start in less than 3months! - So close! Hence, we've got few weeks to help motivate, inspire, encourage and assist those young people. They really do need you badly. . . . . . . .And, you can never tell how far your timely assistance would do in touching and transforming their lives positively. A whole lot of them are like Pilgrims without Direction/Map to their final Destination.
- We've got a group on Facebook where you could get more updates and information about RSN. http://www.facebook.com/s.php?q=youths+mentoring+youths&init=q&sid=319a680dd07ec81e616b0d56135b6896#/group.php?sid=319a680dd07ec81e616b0d56135b6896&gid=52392858864
- Someone "unknown" has volunteered to help tutor these youths every Saturday. He commenced last week Saturday, 7th of March, 2009. Presently, not all the student are aware of this arrangement, hence, we would appreciate it if you could pass on this informaion to your respective Mentees.
- We've got some new Members, Join us as we welcome the following Mentors into our Mentoring Team!! They are:
Adeteju Ajimotokan -Legal Practitioner
Nkechi "Kiki" Damsel -Legal Practitioner
Chinedu Obi -Banker
- Other suggested ways of communicating with your Mentees are e-mailing, texting, phone calls, visitation etc. And you might want to utilise this period of strike to effectively engage them in assignments, activities to improve their academic skills etc.
- Our target grade expected from the Mentee is at least a WAEC result of 5 As and 3 Cs. Sure this isn't too much to ask for!!! As this would qualify them for the CTY Awards 2009! which comes up in December, 2009 by His grace!
- For further Enquires, pls do not hesitate contact us on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Once again, Thank You so much for your act of Volunteerism, It's greatly appreciated!