Skip to main content

Theme 17th: #WWSF 19 Days Campaign..


Theme 17 of the WWSF 19Days Campaign Theme is about the Dangers of ICTs.

ICT: Information and communication technology refers to the use & transmission of information. ICT encompasses computers, the internet, mobile phones, television, radio, satellite systems, etc.

#FACTS:
•There has been a significant increase in the solicitation of children for sexual purposes through the Internet. 60% adolescents have received messages from strangers, ..

•Chat rooms have become one of the main means of luring minors into participating in pornographic films, having sexual relations and even abduction (idem)

Televisions, Movies & Advertising
• It is estimated that only 10% of children's television viewing time is spent watching children's television, the other 90% is spent watching programs designed for adults.

•By the time a child is 18 years old, he or she will view (with average viewing time) 200,000 acts of violence, including 40,000 murders on television.

Video Games
•High levels of violent game exposure have been linked to delinquency, fighting at school and during free time, and violent criminal behaviour

Popular posts from this blog

10 Children, 10 Sponsors: From Our WishList

10 Children and pupil of Helpers Academy would be moving to Junior High School, Next Session. And, Esther is one of them.We are looking out for 10 Sponsors who would sponsored their program into private junior high school. #10Children #10Sponsors.
For further information, call Tosin 08034093287 or send us a mail on street2schoolNG @gmail.com

#AppreciationAlert

#AppreciationAlert
#HelpersAcademy
#Street2SchoolInitiative
It is the end of an academic session, and we are not ungrateful... Special Shout Out to Everyone For The Massive Support Received Towards The Education Programs of The Children We Work With... Thank You For Your Sponsorship, Donations,  Volunteerism,  Mentorship, Book Donations, Kind Wishes, Great Thoughtfulness! Most Importantly, Thank You For Believing In Us. And, in the Dream Of The African Child... It Has Been An Amazing Session, With You (yes, You!).Thank YOU For All You.
Thankfully,
Tosin Taiwo
"Education.. .every child deserves a chance"
For Donation & Support : GTBank; Street to School Initiative; 0162126614
Twitter: @RSNetwork2 @street2schoolNG
Instagram: @street2schoolNG
Facebook PageStreet to School Initiative
Mobile: +2348092226762, +2348034093287;

ICT Training Amidst Rainstorm Devastation? Yes! Learning Goes On...

#EveryChildCanLearn
#WeekTwo
#ICTTraining.
#SupportedBy
#DonMcBurney
#ARayOfHope
Facilitators from @oyafix @farouktackie
#ThankYou #GodBless.




Special thanks and admiration to @theone.ekoatlantic for the donated laptops, last year. #ThankfulStill #EducationCounts #OutOfSchoolChildren #StreetKids #RuralAreas