Boys On The Street

#Reflection 

I was in a MOVING traffic, yesterday when two women ordered for bottles of water from a street  boy. Initially, I wasn't bothered, but not until...I saw the much effort of the boy, trying to catch up with fast moving vehicle. He ran so hard, but could not catch up and yet he wouldn't give up...on the express way!!!! (Just before the 3rd mainland bridge). When I couldn't hold it anymore, I had to wave him back, almost screaming. 

This morning, passing through Oshodi expressway lies a boy DEAD already and his bowl of commodities (bottled water, la casera, coke etc) were placed by his side. it's sad.

Now, the question is when are we putting an end to Trade In Traffics? I understand that the Lagos State Government has made some efforts, what if this is re-enforced?? What if the Government/NGOs come up with some empowerment schemes for these young people and street boys? What if there's a paradigm shift for these young people?. What if...what if...  I am just thinking, WHAT IF?  Those boys are empowered, equipped, enrolled in schools, TVET? What if it's our collective responsibility. #ThinkStreetBoys #ThinkEmpowerment #ThinkEducation.

Comments

Popular Posts