#TosinWrites: It's Been 10 years of Active Service!! lol.

#ThrowBack
#FlashBack
#NotLookingBack smile emoticon

This day in 2006, I left home for the mandatory one-year National Youth Service -NYSC in Kogi state. #TenYears #StillThankful.

Yes, this was where my involvement in social works, began... And, my passion for database programming dwindled...! *blinks*winks*smiles* smile emoticon

Aside working in the church as my primary place of assignment, I endeavoured to reach out daily to young people, women in my immediate environment, most especially the physically challenged. Conducting career seminars, skills acquisition training programing, etc. It was fun.

As shown in the photographs, my personal Community Development programs were:
1. Awarding Best Students from 7 Independent Schools (Junior and Senior Classes).
2. Awarding mobility aid appliances (wheelchair etc) to persons with disabilities. It was my first experience..*winks*..

Today, I remember profoundly e v e r y o n e who got this little girl's back some 10years back! Wow. Thank You! Special thanks and admiration to you... Apparently, winning the overall best Corps member award, then was about you, not me...because of your magnanimous support and believe in this girl's dream.

Grateful to God for the journey thus far... I truly have learnt to take one day at a time while trusting Him for every step.




Comments

Popular Posts