Girl Education: How Important?

#Reminiscing. #VillageHeadMistress

And, so this morning, I visited one of our students who has been away from school for some 2weeks! Infact, she hasn't resume the new term with us. On getting to her house. I met her mum at the front door, smiling at me while I embarked from an 'okada' (motorcycle). But, no I wouldn't smile. I wasn't ready to do that, not even on a Monday morning when your daughter is absent from school, again?. *I kept a straight face* "Where is our 'girl'?' I inquired, she smiled further, pointing at her direction... Wow! Our little friend has been pre-occupied with nursing a neigbhour's baby? No way! "This is not acceptable, mama. Right now, this girl is going back to school with me..and, for no reason should she be away from school, henceforth". I said this, like a village headmistress would do. Lol. Surprisingly, in a jiffy...mama took our friend inside, got her dressed up and with her bag on her shoulder...we left for school. #CaseClose.


#Unfortunately, some parents still don't understand the importance of girl child education.
Sincerely,


"Education...every child counts"

Comments

Popular Posts