January 29th.

January 29th, 2012 would always be a memorable day. - It was a bright and beautiful morning, and, I had walked only a few metres away from home, on my way to work when I noticed this lovely family by the roadside. - At first, I looked away, until I felt the nodge to go back to where they were and ask the momma what the matter was and why the children were out of school. Huh?🧐🤣 - three times, I wrestled with this instruction. "Wouldn't it be embarrassing to do this?", "why should I?", "Okay, what next after asking this family about their challenges?", Mind you, pre year 2012, our organisation (Resource Sharing Network) was more into organising mentoring Programmes for high school students in Lagos. Except for a few times when I have personally supported and sponsored students back to school, but not a family. - At the bus stop, I found myself going back and forth, I would walk a few metres towards this family, then turn back trying to pick the next available bus. Until finally, I succumbed. The rest? - First of all, the family moved apartments. God bless Taiye Faloju. - Well, it's been twelve years and, so much to be thankful for except that Lagos State University denied us admission, last year to studying Law, despite scoring above the required Post UTME score. 71%. WAEC grades: A1, A1, A1, A1, A1, B3, B3, etc. UTME: 249. All eyes on Unilorin at the moment. 🥰 - thousand of children have been supported. Girls, especially. Well, after all, God had a plan. This young man inspired the name - Street to School Initiative. Today, we are so thankful for his dedicated sponsor - Mrs. Tolu Ochonogor and everyone who's got his back, and the back and shoulders of other little ones that we serve. We love you.

Comments

Popular Posts